Sunday, September 19, 2010

all God's colors in one bowl

The other day I took my friend Davis to his piano lesson and while I waited for him he told me to read this book called The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming. It's a christmas story by Lemony Snicket. It's good.


It's about a hashbrown who was made for the sole purpose of celebrating hanukah and Christ's birth. He gets dunked in some hot oil and escapes and runs all over town screaming because he's in pain. But while he's running around town screaming, various christmas paraphernalia tell him he's ruining christmas (because he smells good, and that's the candy cane's job, and because he sits under a tree and that's the present's job, and so on). This makes him angry because he keeps saying how he was made for hanukah and so he keeps screaming because of that too. Anyways, it all works out in the end, but I won't ruin it because I'm sure you want to go read it now. But the main purpose of this is to say that I would much rather celebrate hanukah instead of christmas, because christmas is just about presents and santa claus and really has little focus on Christ's birth and His purpose. It's sad that it's taken 20 years to figure this out. But none the less, I'm excited for the holidays, even though it's only september, I know.

Also, I like how the blog title never has anything to do with the blog. Ok, I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment